Emergency services at Anaheim Animal Care & Pet Hospital require a $500 upfront deposit before treatment begins.
After Hours Veterinary Care
If your pet is in need of emergency services when we are unavailable to provide care outside of our designated business hours or , contact one of the emergency clinics listed below.
Emergency Veterinary Services
If your pet is experiencing any symptoms or behaviors that you are concerned about, contact our office right away, or one of the after-hours emergency pet hospital locations above.
The reliable and compassionate team at Anaheim Animal Care & Pet Hospital offers veterinary care for pets in most emergency situations when we can fit an emergency appointment into our schedule. Animals are our passion, we take pride in providing quality medical care when your pet needs it most whenever we can.
Steps to Take In A Pet Emergency
If you are experiencing a veterinary emergency, follow the steps below.
- Call Ahead If Possible - During regular business hours call us right away. After hours or if we don't have the capacity to provide emergency services, call one of the emergency animal hospital listed above to let them know you are on the way.
- Follow Instructions Provided - When you call to let the emergency pet hospital know you are on your way, instructions may be provided to help you apply first aid or otherwise make your pet as comfortable. Follow these instructions carefully.
- Remain Calm - Remain calm and be extra careful around your pet. When an animal is in pain they often react negatively towards anyone trying to help and could bite or scratch.
- Bring Your Pet In For Care - Do not put yourself at risk! Safely bring your pet to our Anaheim veterinary clinic or one of the after-hours emergency vet locations above.
Read through our most frequently asked questions below to learn more about bringing your pet in for an emergency appointment at Anaheim Animal Care & Pet Hospital.
- Do I need to call ahead?
Anaheim Animal Care & Pet Hospital is able to provide some emergency and urgent veterinary care for cats and dogs during our regular clinic hours.
It's always best to contact us in advance if you can, we are more likely to be able to take your case in the morning, and might have to refer you to an outside emergency practice if we do not have the capacity to care for your emergency. There is a $500 emergency fee required for every veterinary emergency seen by our staff.
If we are unable to fit your pet into our schedule, we recommend that you visit one of the after-hours emergency vet locations shown above.
- When is your clinic open?
Our veterinarians see emergency cases during our regular business hours:
- Monday: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Tuesday: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Wednesday: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Thursday: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Friday: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm
- Saturday: 09:00 am - 03:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- What situations require emergency veterinary care?
The following situations are examples of emergencies that require immediate care:
- Severe bleeding or bleeding that doesn't stop
- Obvious signs of pain or extreme anxiety
- Choking, difficulty breathing, or continuous coughing/gagging
- Fractured bones or severe lameness
- Seizures and/or staggering
- Bleeding from nose, mouth, rectum, or blood in the urine
- Inability to urinate or pass feces, or pain associated with urinating or passing feces
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea; 2+ episodes in 24-hours
- Injuries to the eye(s)
- Your pet has ingested something poisonous (such as antifreeze, xylitol, chocolate, rodent poison, etc.)
- Heat stress or heatstroke
- Refusal to drink for 24 hours or more
- How long will we have to wait to see the vet?
Our Anaheim animal hospital is just like a human doctor's office—it can be unpredictable and you may have to wait.
We cannot predict what cases we will see and when they will arrive, though generally, we are most able to accommodate emergency appointments in the morning. We advise you to call ahead to find out whether we are able to provide emergency care for your dog or cat.
If we are unable to fit an emergency appointment into our vet's schedule we recommend that you visit one of the 24/7 animal emergency hospital detailed above.
- What happens if my pet needs to stay in the hospital?
Some veterinary emergencies require intensive overnight care. At Anaheim Animal Care & Pet Hospital we provide overnight care for animals in need.
While in our care, our dedicated team will treat your pet as if they were our own.
- What types of animals do you treat?
Our veterinary team is able to provide some emergency and urgent care to dogs and cats during our regular hospital hours.